It’s unfortunate that I found this solution after resetting my phone settings to default and losing all my contacts and messages 😦 but I’ll just share this quick fix so it can be avoided next time my phone or anyone’s device stops accepting google account username/password.
I hope this would be of help to others who are experiencing this problem 😉 Anyway, let’s proceed to the steps…
A. ON YOUR BROWSER (*Updated – Nov. 20, 2013)
- Go to your Google Account Settings
- For new Google interface, Click “Dashboard” on the left sidebar, log in if asked.
- Click “Edit” (beside Authorizing applications & sites);
For new Google interface, under “Account” section, click “Authorize Account Access” link
- verify your password to access the edit page
- Add a name (ex: “Bob’s Android”, “Gmail on my iPhone”, “GoogleTalk”, “Outlook – home computer”, “Thunderbird”) on the field under Step 1 of 2: Generate new application-specific password
- Click “Generate Password” button
- Save the 16 digit password generated (will be used later).
B. ON YOUR Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1
- Go to your phone’s settings
- > Accounts and sync
- > Add account
- > Select Google
- > Sign in using your username and the generated 16 digit password to login to your google account on your Android Phone or any device you want to use (space doesn’t matter).
*You should be able to gain access to your account after doing so 🙂
It worked for me 😉